Inspiring Leader Award
Recognizing Those Guiding the Way
During our annual symposium, we recognize trail-blazers and game-changers who have used their platform to create positive change. The BJKLI Inspiring Leader Award includes influential leaders from across sectors and industries who address equality and inclusivity in the workplace and society.
- Gracia Martore, CEO, Gannett Co.
- Valerie Jarrett, Former Advisor to President Obama
- Martine Rothblatt, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, United Therapeutics
- Cyndi Lauper, American Singer, Songwriter, Actress and LGBTQ activist
- Marc Benioff, Chairman & Co-Chief Executive Officer, Salesforce
- Heather O’Reilly, U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team
- Shonda Rhimes, Producer, Screenwriter and Author
- Christiane Amanpour, Chief International Correspondent and Anchor, CNN
- Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Robin Roberts, Anchor, Good Morning America
About the Award
The Inspiring Leader Award is designed by Alexandra Nechita, a talented Romanian artist who is an active advocate of the arts as a mode of communication and supports art in schools as a tool for expression and communication. She is dedicated to working to increase the opportunity for peaceful conflict resolution and displace the power of violence in our society, through peace-building. Most recently Alexandra is working towards co-branding and collaborative projects that enable her outreach to extend beyond the canvas.